Sunday, March 20, 2011

My lil Morgie-Porgie

Had a pretty good weekend, so far!

So every now and then we get Morghan little gift cards to Target, Walmart or McDonalds with $10-15 on them. We take her on mini "shopping sprees" for her special time as a big sister. She loves that she can go shopping and pay herself, and we take the opertunity to work on adding numbers together. This time we gave her one for being such a good helper with Gracie. When all was said and done Morghan chose a swimming pool, 2 jump ropes, and purple bubbles. She was thrilled!

This morning she woke up a bit early so I let her come with me to the grocery store to get OJ and syrup. When we got home she helped me make homemade pancakes. After breakfast we went outside and Chase got her started in learning how to jump rope. It takes a bit more coordination than she has, but she is determined to learn. I have however discovered that the purple bubbles ( made by Crayola) are a no-go. What was I thinking when i let her choose that?!?! Purple, purple everywhere... I made her put on a black shirt and pants and play in the grass! What a nightmare.

*** I will admit this, I still struggle to find that balance of being a mommy to 2 kiddos. Its hard sometimes because i can see the hurt in Morghan's eyes when I have to take care of the baby and can't play with her right at that moment. It's a work in progress and I'm sure as Gracie gets bigger it will become a little easier. ***

1 comment:

  1. Excellent. It works for me. Thank you so much!
    It is very interesting for me to read that blog. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more soon.

    ReplyDelete