Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I'm Sorry, but...

I get so angry when I see parents that place their child in dangerous situations in order to "rush" their baby in to growing up.

A while back I met someone who had placed there 4 week old in a Bumbo seat, and that poor baby could barely hold his head up. Never mind the bumbo seat was right next to the stove where she was cooking!

Met a mom who lets her infant sleep on a boppy pillow in the crib at night surrounded by toys. Are you just begging something to happen to your child?

There are so many other times that I see things, but keep my mouth shut.

I realize that how other people parent is none of my business, but rushing your baby to learn how to sit, roll over, hold their own bottle etc is just dumb in my opinion. I feel bad for the parents who are so eager for their child to accomplish a new task because they are only little for so long. Let your child grow at their own pace and be grateful when they learn new things. Rushing them won't accomplish anything except probably a frustrated child.

Sorry if it upsets you, I just wanted to have a minor vent.

No comments:

Post a Comment