Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sleepy Head


So Grace has had a rather "regular" night time schedule when it comes to sleep. She is usually awake from around 5oopm-10pm each night, rather content until towards the end when she gets a bit fussy. She eats one last time, we swaddle her and she will often be asleep within a few minutes. From that point she generally sleeps for about 5 hours before waking up to eat. Once she wakes up she usually eats, we change her diaper, and she's back asleep within the hour. She then sleeps for another 5 hour stretch.

Last night... Everything was going as usual and she was asleep by 10pm. I carried her in to our room and placed her in our bed. Around 3am I heard her fuss a bit, but she was still asleep. I waited for her to wake up -- not realizing how long I would wait! I fell asleep again and at 4am she was still asleep (back to sleep) at 5am she was still asleep (back to sleep) ... finally at 630 this morning she began to stir and wake up. I could not believe that she slept over 8 hours! If only I had managed to sleep uninterrupted for 8 hours we'd be good! At 730am she was back asleep and stayed that way until 10am.

Wonder if she will do that again tonight?! HA!

1 comment:

  1. What a lazy little girl! lol Can my next child sleep like that?!

    ReplyDelete