Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Will I make it?!

Week 33 and my oh my...

The past 2 weeks have been filled with handfuls of symptoms ranging from massive migraines that won't go away, blurred vision/seeing spots, sharp stabbing pains just under my bra line on my ribs (that aren't from Grace), dizzy spells, extreme fatigue, and intense pelvic pain among other things. I kept shrugging things off and decided at my Dr appt today I would bring them up. I warned my OB that I would be his psycho patient for the day, but he just laughed at me.

SO! That intense pelvic pain? For starters (and this may or may not be TMI for you) my pubic bone has separated with a considerable gap. This happened with Morghan but was never this painful. In the middle of the night when I have to get up to use the bathroom it can be down right debilitating. Further more, the extra pressure I feel probably has to do with the fact that she is measuring in 2 weeks ahead of schedule and has dropped rather low, though not engaged... crap.

As for all the other symptoms? Apparently when you take all those things and add them to my slowly increasing blood pressure you get a patient presenting as early preeclampsia or even another situation called HELLP Syndrome. I had to have 6 more viles of my precious blood drawn today to check all sorts of things including my platelets and liver enzymes and a million other things. I won't get any results back until Monday/Tuesday. Should I come back with results indicating Preeclampsia I will be put on bed rest immeadiately. Should my results indicate HELLP Syndrome, then the baby has to be delivered ASAP.

And so I will leave you with one of Morghan's Christmas Pictures... Her last Christmas by herself! She could not be more excited for this baby though. All she talks about everyday is how much she is going to help out. She has even made up a song to sing to the baby so she will go to sleep. Bless her heart! :)

1 comment:

  1. i'm praying everything comes out okay amy! God is taking care of you and Grace! Morghan is so big and beautiful, I bet she will be an awesome big sis!

    ReplyDelete