Thursday, March 4, 2010

Relay for Life

For those who don't know what this is...

"The American Cancer Society Relay For Life is a life-changing event that gives everyone in communities across the globe a chance to celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against the disease. At Relay, teams of people camp out at a local high school, park, or fairground and take turns walking or running around a track or path. Each team is asked to have a representative on the track at all times during the event. Because cancer never sleeps, Relays are overnight events up to 24 hours in length."
(YOU CAN ALSO GO TO RELAYFORLIFE.ORG WHICH IS WHERE THE EXCERPT CAME FROM)

My mom participate in this event in Pearland one year and I participated in the event last year locally. I joined a team of co-workers and this year I really want to do it again. I want to start a team. I don't even know where to begin! The lady who was team captain last year isn't here anymore and I haven't heard anything about starting a team lately. Part of me is worried I'm going to place to much responsiblity on my plate that I won't be able to handle (even though stress makes me work MUCH harder!)

I'm going to talk to my division head tomorrow and see what he thinks. Especially since my previous division head just passed away of cancer. I REALLY want to do this so I hope I can get it off the ground. I don't have much time as I believe its in April!

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally gonna look that up here in nyc! I would love to do that to celebrate my moms life! You are doing a great thing her Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like fun! I'm sure they are doing it somewhere in Austin!

    ReplyDelete