Saturday, May 9, 2009

Its a GIANT bath tub!!!


So this morning I was feeling a bit better (at least, I thought I was) so we decided to go ahead and go through with our plans to go to the beach for the first time since we moved back out here in August '07. At that time she didn't do so well, but not so bad either. Mostly she just clung to us for fear of falling in! :)


We left later than intended, but finally made it out the door. The beach was PACKED! The last couple times we had gone, it had been pretty desolate lol. We got the BEST parking spot possible, right next to the walking entrance/bathrooms. This was ideal, seeing as we knew a stroller was a bad idea and her walking by herself wouldn't last long. Sure enough, as soon as she hit the dry, loose sand she was falling all over the place. I chose to carry her, rather than everything else because I figured she was the lightest. This would prove to be my downfall.


Once we found a spot that was rather open and not too crowded we set up "camp". We had brought Morghan her Princess fold out chair that she adores so much. That chair is where she spent 90% of the time. She was completely content sitting there eating goldfish, drinking water, and yelling back at the seagulls who were screaming for her to feed them. She was highly amused by them and all the other babies at the beach. Yet, still, she was happy just sitting there.. going NO WHERE NEAR the water. She laughed from afar as daddy jumped in and out of the waves showing off for her.




Towards the end she decided that she would go to the water. She stood at the edge of the ocean for a few minutes contemplating her next move. She decided she wanted me to hold her, so because she is my baby girl, I put her before myself and my pain. I snatched her up and headed out to where daddy was. I got to where the water was just above my knees and decided that was far enough being that I have a bad knee and all. She was doing really well as long as we faced the Atlantic. It was when we turned and faced the sand that she started getting a little weird on us. Not that I can blame her, I could understand. The whole water rushing in and out from land and it makes you feel like your moving even when you are standing still. We just kept telling her it was like a giant bath tub, and pointed out all the bubbles. She started to enjoy herself briefly... until it happened... With our backs turned we couldn't see the swell coming that broke just behind us. Before we could do anything, the icy wave (up to my chest and hers) crashed in to us and she lost it. The surprise wave had done her in and she started screaming "I'm done! I'm done! I'm done!"


We walked back to the shore and sat where the water comes up around us in waves and trickles away. She started shivering so we decided to call it a day. I wrapped her up in a towel and we packed up our things and head home. We asked if she had fun, and even now continues to tell us she had a good time. For now, I am back on my meds as my pain has returned do to my foolishness i carrying my toddler today. Looks like I'll being doing another few hours flat on my back. As uncomfortable as it is, it does help. Well, the hubbs finished cooking dinner so I'm off. I'm so lucky to have such a beautiful daughter and loving husband. Today was special because of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment