Sunday, April 19, 2009

Its like a roller coaster ride

So a lot had occur ed in the past week to say the least. So much, that i don't even have time to write about it all but it all comes down to this. We, as a family will not be coming home in May anymore. We had a situation(plus one or two) and had to change plans. Its actually been a week of ups and downs that I was starting to get motion sickness from! Instead as our tiny family of 3 we will be going on our very first "official" vacation. We've always considered our vacations to be the 2 weeks we come home, twice a year. Basically there is a lot of stress that comes with these trips as we have to fit in my family and both of chases parents since they are divorced and it just makes things incredibly cramped. We haven't seen most of our friends since October of '07. Some people we haven't seen since long before that, because we just don't have time to fit friends AND family.


To save ourselves the fighting with family (and each other) we will be going to Florida in late June. Chase and I are both excited about this, because as I said we've never had a vacation with just us! We are planning to take Morghan to Magic Kingdom and Seaworld in Orlando. Then in Tampa we will visit the Zoo, as it was ranked in the 'Top 5 Zoo's for Children' in one of my parent magazines. Of course, you can't go to Florida without the beach! There are other things I want to do there, but they just aren't activities we can do with Morghan because she is too young. I've wanted to swim with manatees since I was in elementary school. For year I wanted to be a marine biologist, just so I could take care of them and keep them from extinction. We decided that when we get the chance, just Chase and I will take a weekend trip to the area and do that. (its only 5 hours from here)

As for Texas, my parents couldn't change their vacation so they are going to fly Morghan and I home for 4-5 days. Not sure what all will go on but I look forward to it. I was worried Chase would be angry with the thought but was actually supportive. In the past he's been a little 'jealous' of trips home without him, but i've always said I'm sure his parents would do the same if he talked to them. They could even come out here to visit, though neither of our families have done that since Aug-Sept 2007. Especially now as we probably wont be home anytime in the near future, maybe not even for the rest of 2009.

Chase should be coming back home on the 28th now (3 days sooner), but he isn't 100% sure on this. As soon as he gets back we are going to the beach the following weekend, so that should be fun. As for now I will continue my daily struggle with Morghan to keep the house clean. I swear as soon as I vacuum and dust there are blocks and babies all over the room! My goal is that since Tuesday is my first weekday off in a while I'm going to do some massive spring cleaning/organizing. Perhaps packing up things as a "pre-emptive strike" should the possibility of moving arise (this being the military and all). I went and bought some large plastic containers for winter clothes and all the extra blankets, bedding, etc that's in the closets with NO ROOM! This house is so small, I cant wait until we finally have our own because that house will have HUGE closets!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's wonderful that you Chase and Morghan are going on a vacation alone! As you know, we deal with the same thing...family wanting us to come visit but sometimes we just need time together! And your right..they should come visit us! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame you for wanting your own family vacation!! Fortunately for you, it seems that both of your families are in Texas. It drives me crazy having to split up time between Virginia (his fam) and mine in Tx. Since we will be living near his family...no more excuses about going to Tx...hee hee!

    Go have fun!! I am so excited for you! ...and I want to go too...just kidding.

    ReplyDelete