Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Oven-Sammies (recipe)


Before reading any further I should warn you... These aren't healthy and they can be messy. But I guarantee if you make them EVERYONE will be asking for the recipe.

Back at Thanksgiving we had a lunch/dinner at Chase's old work. Someone there brought these FANTASTIC (and that word is an understatement) little sandwiches. They were warm and gooey and... oh you'll see when you make them, and you will make them. Any ways, everyone there was crazy about them and trying to hunt down the person that brought them. Sadly, the lady who brought them was NOT sharing the recipe. We did learn however that the recipe was inside of a cookbook sold at a local restaurant called, Barbara Jeans. This lady worked there and pretty much was trying to bring in money for the company. I can't say that I blame her but COME ON!

I wasn't about to drop $40.00 on a cookbook for one recipe. I know how that cookbook came about. The employees at all different locations and the owner compiled recipes from the personal favorites. (Isn't that how most work anyways?) Knowing this and knowing that the recipe had to be posted somewhere else I went in search. I knew 95% of the ingredients as the lady from Thanksgiving would tell one person a couple and another person a couple without giving it all away. All I needed were the measurements.... and I found them.

Oven Ham Sammies

1 12 count package Kings Hawaiian Rolls (sliced in half to create a top and bottom)
1/2 cup butter melted
3/4 tsp ground mustard
1 tsp poppy seeds (optional)
2 tsp onion flakes (or 1 tsp onion powder)
2 tsp worcheshire sauce
1 package thin sliced swiss cheese
12-16oz thin sliced ham


Place ham and cheese on the bottom of the sliced rolls.
Cover with the top half of roll.
Mix together the remaining five ingredients in a small bowl and spoon over the tops of the sandwiches. It will look like you have too much, but just dump it all on there.
Let sit overnight or a couple of hours.
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 for 15 minutes or until warmed through and the cheese is gooey and melty.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I just started my diet Amy!!!! lol. This will have to be my reward sandwich after I lose 20 pounds!

    ReplyDelete