Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ready, Set... Stay

It's no secret that I am an uncomfortable pregnant person. I will not pretend to be that person who is overjoyed with the experience and nothing ever happens out of the ordinary. I'm not going to sugar coat anything. For some people pregnancy is hard on them, and I am one of those people. I know that I am not alone as I've met several others who feel the same way that I do. I simply try to look forward to the end result. I will even admit that despite the fact that I was in hard labor with Morghan for almost 48 hours I would prefer to go through labor than 9 months of pregnancy. As the end grows closer, I find my self more and more anxious to get this precious one out of me. I realize I still have a little over 4 weeks left, and I will continue to wait as needed.

That being said... on Saturday I began having contractions. They started around 4:30pm and did not stop until around 2:00-2:30am. Considering that they were 8-10 minutes apart and not getting any closer together we decided to just stay home and wait. Eventually around 1:00AM they were becoming incredibly painful, but within the hour the pain subsided and the mysterious contractions ended as quickly as they began. Chase let me sleep in until 11:00am Sunday and even gave me a back massage. I felt like I had done 1000 crunches and my back was terribly sore from the contractions all night. After speaking with the nurse yesterday morning it was determined that it was just false labor (duh) If it happens again for more than 2 hours however, I am to call immediately to be monitored. Apparently I was supposed to go to L and D anyways, I was just being stubborn. For now I just get to take it easy and to stay off my feet as much as possible as that only seems to further aggravate the situation. As much as I can't wait for her to arrive, it would be nice if she could at least hold out until next Monday at which time she can com whenever she wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment