Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Excuse Me?

Today someone, who shall remain unnamed, was talking to me about Chase deploying around the time of the baby's birth. She then had the nerve to say... "Yah, I know how you feel. _____, left 1 week before our daughter was born."

I couldn't resist. Instead of shrugging it off like everything else (I didn't want to talk to her in the first place) I opened my mouth....

First of all, your husband VOLUNTEERED to leave you, knowing that your baby was due at any moment. Second of all, you moved home before he left so you had all the support of your family with you. So excuse me, but no, you do NOT know how I feel. My husband did not make this decision, nor did he want to be in the January deployment. He didn't volunteer to miss the birth of our child. Furthermore, I don't have the ability to go home to be with family. I won't even be able to have family here with me when I go in to labor.

Don't, for one second, even try to act like you know how I feel. I assure you, you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment