Saturday, October 2, 2010

Naming A Baby

So our original plans were to not name the baby until she had arrived. Unfortunately, being in the military there is a GREAT possibility that Chase will not be here and I don't feel right to be picking the name alone! lol So are you ready?

Grace Marie

Love it, Hate it. It's our choice! Originally it was going to be Elizabeth, but we decided on Grace. Ever since we found out we were expecting that name has stuck in my head and I figured it was stuck for a reason.

We had been working on our baby registry and let me tell you about what an adventure thats been. First you are probably wondering... dont you already have stuff from when Morghan was born? Well, not really. Being military a lot of stuff we had was borrowed so that kind of sucks. We also had loaned a few things out only to have people move and take things with them. Completely agrivating now that we need things! Luckily I do still have ALL Morghan's clothes and a few other items. Anywhoo..I started it one day when I was off and the weather was bad with all neutral stuff. Chase wanted to join in now that we know its a girl. He wanted the girliest of things put on here. Ruffles, lace, flowers... etc. That was too much for me! I had to bargain with him to take things down a notch. He wanted a frilly, flowery pattern for the car seat... I got him to polka dots! It was a struggle. Then when all was said and done I was unhappy with Target because 90% of the stuff was "online only" or "varies by location". So I spent all afternoon transferring registries to Babies R Us, since they have a better selection.

The theme for her nursery is vintage birds, bird houses. I completely stole the idea for Pottery Barn Kids. I can't wait to get started on the wall and shelf decor. We already have her crib so now I'm in a neverending search for an armoire that I like. We can't use the closet in her room, which doesn't bother me too much. However, I still need a place to hang and store things. I decided against a changing table this time as we never used it when Morghan was born for anything other than storage.

Anyways, that's enough for now. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment