Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Graphically Challenged?

So I got a request about a week ago to make t-shirt designs. The shirts were to be worn by children who were participating in an awareness walk for Mitochondrial Disease. Each shirt needed to be different and somehow themed along with super heroes. I agreed, because she is a friend of one of my best customers. I didn't know at that moment what I had got myself in to! It was truly a challenge as I didn't have much to go on. I spent several days dwelling over these shirts and 2 days working on them. Usually, one design takes up a couple hours at most... so 48 hours later I was surprised to still be struggling.
I finally wrapped things up today (a week later!) and emailed the samples to her... I waited nervously not knowing if this is what she had expected or not. I could not have been more relieved when her response finally arrived in my inbox with only one small, simple change in the design. I had been right to assume that it was not as she had pictured in her head, but thrilled that she was overjoyed with how they turned out. An e-mail filled with praise. It's not that the shirts are complex in design or anything, because as you can see below they are rather simple. My challenge was needing to incorporate things I found on UMDF.org's website into the shirts along with names and slogans. It seems silly looking back that I struggled for so long with these shirts. Either way, I'm glad its done!

1 comment: