Monday, July 19, 2010

I Am Who I Am

I don't hold back.
If I think something is ridiculous I will tell you.
I can be a flake.
I have a horrible memory and get caught up in things.
I'm not spontaneous/flexible.
I can't just pack a bag and leave town on a whim.
I'm horrible at returning calls.
I hate leaving messages.
I plan everything... weeks, months in advance.
I'm not an outwardly emotional person.
I don't wear my heart on my sleeve.
I'm horrible at being empathetic.
I don't take compliments very well.
Sometimes, I forget to say thank you.

These are things my friends know, understand, and they are still my friends regardless.
Are they flaws? Yes. Do they bother me? No
I'm happy with who I am and I don't try to change myself.

I don't dye my hair every 2 weeks.
I love that I'm a brunette... even with the grey hairs.
I never spend 2 hours putting on make-up.
Some days foundation and mascara are perfect.
I don't go out making changes to my body because I'm depressed with life.

Life is hard. As a military wife I've learned that you cry, then you suck it up and go.
There isn't time for me to dwell on how lonely it is.
My husband is gone. My daughter is gone. This pregnancy is ROUGH.
But I make it through day to day.
I may have random bouts of crying, but who doesn't? It's healthy.

In the end, I keep going.
I am who I am, and I will never change.
I don't believe that people change.
I believe they either grow up, or they don't.

If you can't accept me for who I am, that's ok...
But don't criticize me to your friends and try to tear me down.
Don't continue to expect me to change,
You have the wrong person.

3 comments: