Friday, May 21, 2010

It's Our Mother,Daughter Tradition!

Monday- impatiently waiting for orders
Tuesday- Orders issued for Enhanced Mojave Viper in Cali.
Wednesday- Master Guns pulls Chase's orders and moves him to the July det.
Thursday- Major re-issues Chase EMV orders.... to leave Friday

On top of all this we found out some interesting news this week that throws a lot of stuff out of whack.

3:30am came VERY early this morning. As if I hadn't had enough sleep all week I managed to pry myself out of bed to take Chase up to the Hangar so he could leave once again. It was so hard to watch Chase tell Morghan goodbye. For her, he won't be back in 5 weeks. She won't see him until the end of August when we pick her up from Texas. In a week I will be boarding a plane with my munchkin to get her to her grandparents, and then its my turn to say goodbye.

So where did my title fit in? Every time Chase leaves Morghan and I have a bit of a ritual so to speak. Being that he always leaves in the mornings by that evening when I pick her up from school we always get milkshakes/ice cream and head home. She gets to pick out what we make for dinner and help me. (Tonight she wants pancakes) After dinner she gets to pick out a movie and we make popcorn. That night, she gets to sleep with me. Its kind of silly, but when her Princess and the Frog movie came in the mail yesterday I got excited.

I look forward to these nights. I'd like to say they don't happen very often but in all reality you could say they happen far to often. People always tell me that Chase goes on more dets than anyone and I feel the same. This is his second this year and he's already on the list to deploy to Afghanistan this fall. Last year and the year before that he left 4 times with an avg of 5-6weeks being gone each time. It's tough on all of us. This trip will be much different however. With Morghan staying in Texas I'm going to be alone and that freaks me out a bit in light of new circumstances.

New territory for everyone this time around...

1 comment:

  1. You can come visit me here in the lovely state of Virginia, and I will make it worth while! :)

    ReplyDelete