Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It's The Bee's Knees!



So yesterday I had to run out to my car while at work to fetch a rubber band for my hair. The moment I opened the door a bee flew in. It was no small honey bee either, mind you! I spent about 10 minutes trying to coax the monster our before I gave up. And just as I gave up it appeared as though he flew in to my A/C vent. I left a window half down (all the while praying the gloomy clouds would with hold the rain) in hopes that he would fly out in the next few hours until I got off.

A friend later informed me that had I just left the window up he would have died. Not sure about that one but oh well! So I hung out even after my shift allowing the bee extra time to navigate out of my car... it seemed to have worked! When I went to my car I opened all the doors and the back juuuuust to make sure. I grabbed my sweater and started swatting around to make absolutely positive he was out. Again, I didn't see him so I got in the car. I kept the windows rolled down and closed my A/C vents because the last thing I wanted was to blast the cold air and have a bee pop out! I made it home with no sign of him....

UNTIL TODAY! Where the hell was he hiding all this time? 24 hours later I look in my rear view mirror and see the bee going nuts trying to escape out the back windshield. (Oh how I wish that was a remote control window!) I lowered all the windows and kept my eye on him hoping he would fly up by me. He stayed there until I got home. I quickly opened the back and stepped back. He didn't move. Slightly irritated I grabbed a t-shirt from inside and tried to swat him. Nothing. Does he think I can't see him if he just stays still? I took a swing at him again and he flew out. Just as I went to close the back he flew straight at me. The neighbors I'm sure thought I was certifiably crazy watching me run and duck from a seemingly invisible object! I really hope when I slammed the back down he didn't fly back in there.

2 comments:

  1. LMAO!!! That is too funny! I hope the bee doesn't linger much longer, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to agree with your friend...because of how hot/stuffy it gets in the car with all the windows up, it more than likely would have either died or been stunned enought to not do you any harm until you were able to get him out!

    ReplyDelete