Thursday, April 29, 2010

T-T-T-Texas

This summer Morghan is going to my parents for the summer. This is the first time we will be away from her for more than a week. I've received both criticism and praise on this matter and its left me confused. I don't want either of those things. I don't feel I should be criticized when you don't even know our circumstances. At the same time, don't tell me that sending my child away for 3 months will be a great "break"... There is no break from being a parent. I love her to death. I miss her already and she hasn't even left yet.

If you are wondering WHY she is going, it was simply an offer from my parents that I didn't take seriously at first. I thought the idea was crazy. Being this far from family and friends takes a toll on EVERYTHING. Morghan hardly gets to see any family other than her grandparents twice a year and that's not fair to her or them. She deserves to see them more often and we just can't afford to take trips to Texas all the time.

I know in the beginning it will be hard, and I'm not saying it will get any easier, but it might become slightly more tolerable. I try to keep myself busy with everything that needs to be done in preparation for this trip. As each day draws to a close, anxiety just keeps building up inside.

3 comments:

  1. amy I praise you for this decision. I think it will be great memories for her and your parents. My sister & I used to go stay with my cousins that live 6 hours away during the summers and those are honestly my best & favorite memories i remember & we are all so close now even with the distance because even though we didn't really get to grow up together we did during the summer. you are sending her to her grandparents house...not some friends house. They are her family and are probably thrilled to get to spend time with her. im sure it will be hard without her but you will get to talk to her. time will fly by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'll be a different, for sure! I hope she has a Texas accent when she comes back to you.
    But I'm a excited about being able to see Morghan! I haven't seen her--- or you--- in so long! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so exciting! I know that I too would be hesitant at first. You get so used to always having your babies, and its hard to imagine not seeing them for more than a few days. I am going to NYC for a weekend next week, and this will be the first time I have left Ayla...and she is just going to be with Robert! Have them take lots and lots of daily photos and video - oh, and Skype!!

    ReplyDelete