Monday, February 22, 2010

Broken Hand

Friday night after a day of cleaning, packing and picking out our new house we decided to take a break. Some of our friends were headed to the bowling alley on base and asked us to come along. We all got in the car and took off.
Morghan was having a BLAST! to say the least. She and Adrianna we having so much fun bowling and dancing. I started out helping her, but if anyone has an independednt 3 year old you know that my helping didn't last long. She wanted me no where near! So we watched from a few feet back constantly keeping eye as the girls would occasionaly bowl in someone else's lane if the pins didnt reset quick enough!
In the brief moment that I turned to take a sip of my drink it happened. At first all I saw was the bowling ball rolling into someone else's lane. I couldn't see Morghan as there was someone standing in between us. I walked over to grab the runaway ball and that's when I saw/heard her screaming and holding her hand. I immeadiatly snatched her up and ran into the entertainment room where there was light so I could examine the damage. I had no clue I was about to see a swollen purple hand! I went and got an ice pack and after about 20 minutes and some phone calls we decided to take her in to the ER to get examined. If anything we simply needed peace of mind as we didn't think it was broken since she could move her hand.
Once at the ER we were in for some rough times as she needed a X-Ray and wasn't willing. Turns out the ER doctor thinks she has what is called a compression fracture so he wrapped her hand in a splint for the weekend. Even today the swelling in her hand is still very present and she usually gets Tylenol when she needs it. We have a follow up with her Pediatrician this afternoon so we will see what she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment