Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Giving Back

So far 2010 has been some smooth sailing.
I kept my resolutions simple, and manageable. (Most of them!)

1.) Volunteer/Give Back
2.) Pray more often
3.) Actually go on our belated honeymoon (5 years later)
4.) The cliche lose weight.
5.) Getting Pregnant with our 2nd/Last baby

4 & 5 don't really go hand in hand. None the less...

Volunteer/Give Back:
To start with I became a foster mom... (*wait for it*)...for dogs! There are times when the shelter is just too full and they don't have any room. So my foster dog was Schooner. He's a Chesapeake Bay Retriever, and the sweetest boy ever. He weighs in at a whopping 95 pounds of love. 12 days in to this new year and I couldn't send him back to the shelter. He had been in 4 other foster homes and I didn't want to put him through it anymore, so today we adopted him. I'm thrilled to add a needy pet in to our family. Being that Schooner was the name the shelter gave him, we decided to ditch it. He didn't listen to it or anything that sounded remotely like it. His new name is Jagermeister. Jager for short. He has the BEST personality. What makes me laugh the most is that he thinks he is too good for dog treats or bones. Give him a ball or rope and he could not possibly be any happier. I can't wait till summer to take him to the beach and watch how much fun he has! :) I plan to volunteer at the shelter in the spring.

Another way I would like to give back is by doing a monthly contribution to St Jude's Children's Research Hospital. The place that "won't turn you away because of your inability to pay." Being a mom, I can't not even begin to think of what parents go through when the doctor tells you there is something wrong with your child. I'm thankful everyday that Morghan has not had to experience the things those children have. We don't make that much money, but what we can afford, we intend to contribute.

Honeymoon:
After much debate between a winter or summer "honeymoon," we made the decision to go on a cruise. Our ship sails on May 30th and we could not possibly be any more excited about this! Morghan gets to stay with her Granna and PawPaw while Chase and I finally have a much needed vacation all to ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment