Sunday, November 15, 2009

Post-Op (day 3)

I will condense this. I really haven't been home for the majority of the day as I had to work.


3:00 am Fever was 103.1 and held for SIX HOURS. After a small discussion we we decided we would take her to the ER if it didn't go down in an hour. God must have listened, known she'd been through enough. At the one hour mark her fever was down to 100.5.

1:00 pm We wrestle through the pain medicine routine once more. I give her lots of love and I reluctantly dash off to work. (We can't BOTH be off at the same time)

6:00 pm Chase calls and tell me that Morghan took her pain medicine without a fight. Not a scream. Not a kick. Nothing. I didn't believe him. I honestly thought he was just trying to show me up on his first time alone with her.

10:00 pm Chase calls and says she took her pain medicine again without a struggle.

11:45 pm I get home from work to find our little pumpkin is not only wide awake but hyper. As I crawl in to bed with her and Chase she starts singing me songs and talking non-stop. Then out of no where she starts to tell me how she took her medicine all by herself like a big girl. Now I was convinced Chase made her tell me that. Nope. Moments later she was reaching across me to the night stand where we had her late night dose pre-measured for easy access. She wanted it. She was begging for it. I was beginning to fear my poor baby had developed an addiction to her narcotic!!!! Eventually we managed to get her to sleep. I didn't know then what a rough night it would be.

Several times through the night I woke up with my pillow on the floor. Morghan was so close to me I had to lay on my side to stay on the bed. Around 5am I almost fell off the bed. Irritated because I had to get up in 2 hours a left and went to lay down on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment