Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Round and Round and Round we go....

So way back when, I hurt my knee. Finally got my MRI done last Friday and called my nurse yesterday to see if the results had come in. Theres nothing better than hearing your nurse say..."ACL and PCL look ok, no visible meniscus tear **pause** ... It looks like there is something there that shouldnt be there..." as her voice trails off. She then tells me she's going to talk to my Dr and then she'll call me back. 10 minutes later I get a call alright, but its not from my nurse -- its from Orthopaedics saying I need to schedule an consult appointment with a surgeon. SAY WHAT!?!?!? So at this point I know nothing, and thanks to my nurse sounding so ominous I'm horrified of whats "not supposed to be there."

I've been working so much lately I'm not even sure of the date anymore. Since the 14th I've only had 1 day off and boy its killin me. Of those 13 days I've worked 8 nights. I miss my husband and baby girl so much. I hardly get any sleep at night because every morning I'm up at 7pm after getting home from work around 11130pm-12am to go to Physical Therapy for my neck or I'm in my lawyers office fighting the hospital on a bill thats not my responsibility!!! I'm so stressed out and almost freaked when we discovered that I might also be pregnant (confirmed last night that I am not)... to top everything off... last night I tossed and turned ALL night long and when I finally stayed awake at 530 i could hardly talk because my throat hurt so back.

I am so ready for next week. I have my follow up with my Physical Therapist on my neck. I also have my consult with the Ortho surgeon on what the next step is for my knee. Then on Wednesday morning, bright and early, Morghan and I will board a plane to Texas for 12 days. Hopefully in this time I can chill out, relax, and relieve some stress!!!

For now, I will go back to sleep as I have to work night shift... AGAIN. Hopefully I can swap someone day for night shift on Friday so I can catch a break! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment