Thursday, March 19, 2009

The cow says.... MOO

Funny sayings from my child...

While riding home from school yesterday we are going through all the animal sounds when Morghan stops and asks "Mommy, what does Daddy say?", i said 'I don't know what does Daddy say?'.... Morghan's response was instant Daddy says "HUSH THAT NOISE!!!"


Morghan's almost completely potty trained and so one day she let me know she was going to go to the potty and I said "ok." About 2 minutes later I walk down the hall to see why she hasn't come out and the looks up and says "I can't go yet, I need a book."


She is completely upset with Chase for leaving last night. Tears, anger, denial.. its all there. From the moment we pulled away she started darting her eyes and head every which way going "Mommy I cant see Daddy anymore! Mommy I cant see Daddy anymore" in a tone of complete panic! She doesn't understand why she is gone and I feel so bad for the little one. Ever since my surgery she has been his shadow in every way. She used to get excited when I walked in the door from work, now she gets excited for Daddy to come home. As sooon as she woke up this morning she was running about the house looking for him. I tried to tell her he was at work(which is true, work just moved to another location for right now) but she wasn't going to have it. Every time I said it she came back with "No he's not gone Mommy, that's not nice. Don't say that" This will be a looooong 6 weeks, I can tell already.

2 comments:

  1. amy! she is too cute! i love the way she loves her daddy so much. its makes me smile and breaks my heart at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and the whole book thing! hahaha! i was the same way when i was a kid.

    ReplyDelete