Thursday, February 26, 2009

Post-surgery "blues"

So I'm finally making some progress! yay! Its pretty bittersweet actually as I'm stuck at home ready to get back to work. I had to go to the Dr early on Monday and have some gauze removed and everything cleaned out. They had to remove the gauze early because I was having these horrible headaches that wouldn't go away. I was also having trouble swallowing so when he looked in my throat low and behold I'd developed an infection! Most likely cause is they somehow caused a small lesion when putting the tube down my throat and being that a mouth is full of different bacteria it was quick to develop an infection. So he prescribed a few days of steroids to get rid of it. Yesterday I finally ate "real" food if you can call it that. It was just some Campbell's chicken noodle. But for a while my throat was so painful I could hardly even drink water, so I'll take what I can get.

Since we couldn't be home for Chase's grandmothers funeral we decided we wanted to send a spray. His dad is supposed to send a picture, said it was real nice so I'm happy. Chase is doing really well handling everything.

Morghan goes back to the doctor tomorrow. They need to do some blood work to check her liver function. I'm completely scared out of my mind and hope that nothing is serious. She's been having some tummy issues that the dr. said we should come in if they hadn't cleared up (they are a lil TMI so I'm not going to go in to too much detail.) I'm just going to hope and pray for her. Maybe its just a fluke but it its not it could be anything from her liver to gallstones. I'll keep updated as I learn new things. I don't know how long before the results will come in so I will just try to keep myself busy and keep her happy.

Being at home all day alone is pretty boring. I was supposed to go back to work yesterday but for some reason do not go back until Monday. In the meantime I figured I could do something I've never done before, make a family tree. Things were great until I got to the part where Chase's father is adopted! That's where things get a little complicated because he never wanted to know his birth parents. I got some information from Chase's mom, and she let me know that Chase's aunt probably has some information I can use. I respect that his father doesn't want to know and I'm not saying its going to be easy without his consent but at the same time I feel like I have a right to find out medical history since I have a child and all. Anyways, its late in the morning and I need to get Morghan to school.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,
    I am glad you are feeling a little better.
    I hope everything goes ok with Morghan...

    I totally understand about the whole family tree thing. Josh's dad was also adopted and so was my grandfather and no one knows anything.
    I hope you are able to find information!

    ReplyDelete