Tuesday, February 10, 2009

And so we begin...

I haven't had a blog for the longest time so we shall see how this turns out!

The next few weeks/months will probably be some of the most stressed of my life.

As of this moment I am scheduled for surgery on the 19th of this month on my sinuses. Having never had surgery I'm scared as I'm sure any normal person would be. Its not major surgery and its not some rare procedure. What bothers me is the thought of sharp tools in and around my face not to mention my eyes and brain! Chase is still attempting to get special liberty leave so that he can be with me so he wont waste vacation time.

Chase is on the list to go to Yuma, AZ. And after all the drama the ensued last spring I would rather him go to Iraq then back there. (I'm sure that sounds harsh but unless you knew everything you wouldn't say that) Speaking of Iraq, there is potential he ends up there this fall. But before all of that, the monitor has told Chase he may be going to Korea for A YEAR! ALONE! We've never been apart that long and he acts as though its not a big deal. It is. No matter what he says, it is. That's every holiday and birthday.

And so assuming he doesn't get orders for Korea in the next few months we are apparently moving our vacation up a month to May. So yay, another 2 weeks of cramming anyone and everyone in for a visit. This would be the part of military life that sucks. Its not being so far away that bothers me, its coming back and not having enough time for friends and family. I can't wait until we at least live in the state so we will have more frequent trips and then family can also come to us.

For now I will go back to the couch. I hurt my back something awful yesterday cleaning and its killing me. I need all the rest I can because tonight I'm going to have to bear through the pain and go in to work. The worst part is there isn't and pain medicine I can take. With surgery a week away i have a page long list of drugs not to take. Tylenol being the only one I'm ALLOWED to take and at the same time being the one I CAN NOT take for personal health reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment