Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Transition

Life around here is changing. For eight years the military life is all we've known. What awaits us on the outside is no doubt terrifying. With the shift in the economy is it any wonder people look at us like we are crazy to leave such a secure lifestyle? Hell, Chase's own father tried to talk him in to staying in. To wake up every day knowing that you have a job, and that it isn't going anywhere is comforting. To have all your medical expenses paid (no matter the crap-tastic service). On April 14th that will all change.

The closer it gets, the more stuff seems to pile up on our plate. In February we will be visiting Texas for 4 weeks. In that time frame we are hoping to find jobs and a place to live. I wish it were simple, but it's not. Nothing is anymore.

With all the stress, my anxiety is spinning out of control. I've had 2 attacks in the past month. Everything is just a bunch of talk still at this point. I like to plan. I NEED to plan things in advance, way in advance. To know that we don't know where we will live 3 months from now, and that we won't know until just a few weeks prior, is hard to accept. I am having a hard time planning G's birthday party because I am so stressed out. I am very tempted to just say forget it.

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck!!
    We though we were staying in but stuff keeps happening that has made us step back and reevaluate and now its the trying to decide game.
    I hope it will fall into place for you guys without too much stress. (yeah I know, easier said then done...)

    ReplyDelete