Friday, January 28, 2011

MORGHAN.EXE

So for the past couple weeks we've been trying to figure out what is "wrong" with our computer. We would come back to the computer after being away for a while and there would be TONS of windows open on the desktop ranging from file folders to various Internet pages. It was driving us crazy because we could not figure out what the problem was. We would remove software, re install, run virus scans, etc over and over again but it wasn't helping.

I did begin to notice however, that it was opening the same things time and time again... so I took note. The software for her hand held game, Toys R Us, and google were the most frequent. Then the intruder messed up. I came in to the office and the Outlook Express window was open (we NEVER use this) and would you know, that typed in the little box was "morghan" (along with various other letters following suit)... AH HA! I closed everything and asked Morghan about being on the computer. Naturally, she promises it wasn't her. It just happened by itself. So we have our discussion about telling the truth and I move on about my day. I knew that I needed to catch her in the act... and it was only a matter of time.

Morghan disappeared yesterday and was eerily quiet. I had an idea where she was so I snuck down the hall as quietly as I could and peeked in to the office. Little Miss Thing was sitting in the chair, mouse in hand on the Toys R Us website!!! She was "toy shopping" hahaha She truly amazes me sometimes. I swung the door open and she jumped about 10 feet in the air. She was caught and she knew it.

MORGHAN.EXE has hopefully been fully eradicated.
The computer now has a password and its NOT "morghan"

2 comments: