Saturday, November 28, 2009

The year is coming to an end!

What a roller coaster this year has been! Both my daughter and I had surgery, trips to and from Texas. Never mind our marriage having been through a true test and surviving. Only one holiday remains, Christmas and I know that it won't be our best Christmas, but it will still be great. We have decided we won't be going home for the holidays this year. God has shown us a lot this year, especially myself. I find my relationship with Him growing daily and the joy and fulfillment it brings to my life is amazing.

Our next struggle is waiting to see Chase's next orders. He's been told yes and no about a 14 month deployment to Afghanistan. As of now there is still a coin rotating in the air, floating, waiting to fall. The stress it creates mounts every day. Will I be have to time to apply for the spring semester? Do I need to start packing? Should we hold off on large Christmas presents until we know whether they will end up in storage or not for a year? ... And so many more. Eight weeks ago I was stressing out and constantly badgering Chase to get more information daily. I decided to let it go. Since the day I let it go I have found myself with more peace of mind. Yes, I want... ok NEED... answers but I can't control their decisions. I figure if he is meant to deploy, he will. If it is short notice, I will deal with it because I am a military spouse and that's what we do best.

I am thankful for everything that has happened this year, both good an bad. Its been trying, but its been incredibly helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment